Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Job is Better than Yours


Recently I ran into one of my clients at the store. She said hi and introduced me to her friend as her 'dog groomer'. The way she said it was like I should be on the next episode of Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe. I wasn't insulted and of course her friends' first words words were, "Do you actually stick your finger in the dogs butt to do that anal business?" Really? That's the first image she thought of a dog groomer? I'd think of some fluffy fancy white poodle lookin' really posh. She thinks I'm a doggie proctologist.

I'm just setting record straight. I love my job more than you love yours. No, I don't stick my finger up doggie butts, yes, I do express anal glands, and yes, I still love my job more than yours. I couldn't sit behind I desk all day. There's no way I could be a dentist sticking my fingers in people's icky mouths all day, I don't do well with snotty nosed kids, so teaching is out. Being a nurse would send me into therapy with all the coughing and sneezing they see. Being a stay at home mom may be great for some, but now that my kids are teens, staying home would make me 50pounds heavier, my house probably wouldn't be any cleaner, and most likely I'd add to the family farm and still mess with animals all day.

There is nothing more rewarding than to see your smiling faces when you pick up your fur friends that smell good, feel fluffy, and wag their tails at me as they leave. Dogs and I just get along much better than me and people. Dogs don't tell me their baby daddy drama, they don't gossip to me about what the neighbors are doing, and they sure as heck don't talk about me me behind my back. If a dog has a problem with me it's out in the open right away and we work through it. Touchy on the feet? A rippled lip lets me know right away what I'm dealing with and I adjust my grooming skills to fit. If your office mate has a problem with you she just talks about you to everyone else, then you find out, get stressed, get an ulcer, hate going to work, take it out on your kids, and then the ever so common nervous breakdown. Yes, I'm exaggerating, but seriously, my job is better than yours:P

So envy me. I have dog hair that has settled down my shirt, my make up has been washed off as a dog shakes it's soapy body all over me, my finger is bruised where Fido snapped at me, and my feet are killing me from standing up all day. On the flip side, I just trimmed the hair away and now theShitzu has eyes again, I trimmed to toe nails of a dog and he no longer limps, I just washed the last flea off a Westie and he is so grateful not to itch anymore and lastly BumbleBee gave me a kiss.

Yes, my job is better than yours.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Your job is only slightly better than mine though, because I am also a groomer, but I am currently unemployed and job seeking. I don't have a blogroll yet, but if I set one up I will add you! Found you on petgroomer.com, by the way. :-)

    ReplyDelete