Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Excuses:Exwoofes


I set out to try to do at least one blog a week and that motivation lasted well....one week. I have a great excuse though. No, I wasn't too busy, no, I wasn't having writers block, no, my computer wasn't broke, ok, you ready? My nails were too long. Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Have you ever tried to type with long nails, it's very difficult, every other word is a typo, your fingers slide right off the keys, it's just a mess. Have you ever seen the blonde woman on Criminal Minds just typing away? She faking it! There just no way to type that fast with long nails.

So now my nails are nice and manicured; meaning I chopped them off, and here I am typing away. You know dogs have the same problem if their nails are too long.
  • "Buffy, why have you been sitting in the same place for the last 36 hours, your just a lazy bum of a dog!" Buffy says, " Hey lady, my nails are too long, they are stuck in the carpet and I can't move!"
  • Your son asks, have you taught Fido a new trick? No, why do you ask? Well he has his paw up by his ear like he's doing a high five. Poor Fido has caught his nail in his ear hair and that's where his paw is stuck.
  • JoJo the Golden is running around the corner when all the sudden screams and yipes of pain are all that are heard. Blood is dripping all over the floor, what the heck is going on? JoJo, caught his nail on the corner of the floor board as he rounded the corner and ripped the sucker right out. OUCH! is all I can say.
  • The worst is when you finally do come in and the groomer sees it. Later that evening you go home, log in to Facebook and see that your pet has made the groomer photo album of shame. EMBARRASSING!
See, nails are just over rated. You have got to make sure you take the time to take care of your pets nails. it's winter right now, everyone seems to make their grooming appointments stretch out longer, some pups I don't even see again until spring! Even so, you still need to have your pets' nails trimmed at least every 5-6 weeks. Just run in really fast, it takes less than ten minutes. Heck I'll even do them for free if that's what it takes. I know life is busy, life is hard, but you gotta take a few minutes for the dog. He's your best friend, he's the only one who really cares when you come home, and yeah, there's a lot of hair down there to weed through, but come on he's worth it isn't he? You know he is!

I have watched dogs leave the shop NOT limping anymore because their nails were too long. I have seen dogs actually sigh a sigh of relief as I clipped the nail that has been stabbing them in the paw for the last two weeks. Some dogs just won't even walk anymore when they get older and their nails are too long. Last but not least, you have to admit, that taptaptaptaptap all over the floor is soooooo irritating. Especially at 3am. If you don't know what I'm talking about with the taptaptaptaptap, good for you! It means you are an awesome pet owner. If you know what I'm talking about get your pup a pawdicure ASAP!

1 comment:

  1. Guilt trip! I've also been telling Tiffany for over a week now that I'd bring my clippers over and do Rocksie's too...guess I will be tomorrow!

    On another note when I first started at the Holiday Inn the front desk Manager's name was Courtney. I use to watch her in amazement...as she had fake fingernails longer than I had ever seen! She would type with her knuckles faster than I could with my fingers! :)

    ReplyDelete